The Rural Municipality of Linkletter would like to congratulate the newly elected council for the next 4 years. Reelected Mayor David Buell, Re-elected Councillor Trevor Callbeck and William Jones, and the New councilors Chris Ellis, James Marchbank, Amy Walfield and Robyn McInnis. Council would also like to thank Kevin Roddick, David Linkletter and Robert Ashley for all the years serving on council and being so dedicated to their community.
BY ELECTION: Council will hold a By election for 1 Councillor Seat. The election will be held on May 1 2023 and the nominations will be open from April 4th – and will close April 14th 2023 at 2:00 pm. Anyone interested in being on council can call the municipal office at 902-724-0914 or visit the municipal office at 15 Main Dr E Miscouche or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours are as follows.
Monday- Tuesday: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: Noon – 6 :00 pm
Thursday: Noon- 4:00 pm
Friday: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
The Rural Municipality of Linkletter is an incorporated municipality in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
The Linkletter Community Improvement Committee (CIC) was established in 1972. The CIC prepared its first official plan in 1980. In 1985, with the adoption of the provincial Municipalities Act, the CIC became knows as the Community of Linkletter. On December 23rd, 2017, the provincial government proclaimed a new Municipal Government act, requiring the Community to now be named the Rural Municipality of Linkletter.
Linkletter is located in Prince County on the south shore of Prince Edward Island. It is located adjacent to the western boundary of the City of Summerside. The Rural Municipality of Linkletter is predominantly known for its rural agricultural farmland.
Council meets at 7pm on the 1st Tuesday of Every month. All our council meetings are open to the public. If you have an issue you would like to address before council, please call Michelle at 902-724-0914 to make arrangements.
- January 2 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00pm
- February 7 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- March 7 2023 Monthly Meeting followed be Proposed Budget 2023/2024 7:00 pm
- March 21 2023 7:00 pm Adoption of the Budget
- April 4 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- May 2 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- June 6 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- July 4 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- August 1 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- September 5 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- October 3 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- November 7 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm
- December 5 2023 Monthly Meeting 7:00 pm