Rural Municipality of Linkletter Council: Seated from left to right Robert Ashley, Mayor David Buell, Kevin Roddick. Standing: William Jones, David Linkletter, Deputy Mayor Trevor Callbeck and David ClarkThe Rural Municipality of Linkletter is an incorporated municipality in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
The Linkletter Community Improvement Committee (CIC) was established in 1972. The CIC prepared its first official plan in 1980. In 1985, with the adoption of the provincial Municipalities Act, the CIC became knows as the Community of Linkletter. On December 23rd, 2017, the provincial government proclaimed a new Municipal Government act, requiring the Community to now be named the Rural Municipality of Linkletter.
Linkletter is located in Prince County on the south shore of Prince Edward Island. It is located adjacent to the western boundary of the City of Summerside. The Rural Municipality of Linkletter is predominantly known for its rural agricultural farmland.
Council meets at 7pm on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of Every month. All our council meetings are open to the public. If you have an issue you would like to address before council, please call Michelle at 902-724-0914 to make arrangements.
The Rural Municipality of Linkletter have decided to have 1 monthly meeting a month for the next few months on the first Tuesday of the Month in the Main Hall with social distancing practices in place. Anyone from the public welcome, please let us know in advance so we can make sure that we have enough space to keep our residents safe.
PUBLIC MEETING on July 7th at 6:00pm for rezoning of property #65334 at 1539 Route 11 Linkletter Rd rezoning from Agricultural to Residential for the purpose of a Triplex. Meeting will be held at the Community hall 1670 Route 11 Linkletter Rd. Please call ahead if you plan to attend so we can insure we have room for social distancing. 902-724-0914
- February 2 2021 Monthly Meeting cancelled rescheduled to February 3rd at 7:00pm
- March 2 2021 Monthly Meeting Proposed Budget Meeting of Year ending March 31st 2022 (Cancelled)
- March 10th, 2021 Monthly Meeting with Proposed Budget to follow the meeting
- March 30th 2021 Adoption of the 2021/2022 Budget and Application for Building Permit PID 473751 7:00pm
- April 6, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- May 4, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- June 1, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- July 6, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- August 3, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- September 7, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- October 5, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- November 2, 2021 Monthly Meeting
- December 7, 2021 Monthly Meeting